Thursday, January 5, 2012

Caveman

Today, while the girls were taking a shower, Sofia told me: "Mami, one of my friends from school told me I was hairy".

"She did?", I asked.

"Yes", she added. "She told me that I look like a caveman!"

The statement was so exaggerated that it made me laugh. "Look at my arms. I have hair too. I guess I am a caveman as well!", I said laughing. But then I realized that Sofia was not laughing and -in fact- she was about to cry.

"That is NOT funny mami! She was being mean. She was making fun of me!"

My initial reaction was to ask if there is something about that girl Sofia could make fun of in return - just to show her how it feels. But of course that wouldn't have been a good life lesson at all. So instead I told her not to listen to her, and to simply remember that she is a beautiful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment