Sunday, April 6, 2014

What motivates us...

The other day, during what probably was kind of a long shower, I was thinking about what motivates us...

Interestingly enough, I started thinking about that not because of people who have encouraged me along the way, but because of those who have told me that I would fail. "How dare they tell me I can't?!?" was my reaction every time, which in turn highly motivated me to prove them wrong.

On the other hand, there are those who have told me that I sure can if I try hard enough and dedicate myself. They have motivated me because they have been so nice and encouraging that the last thing I want to do is to dissapoint them.

Last, but not least, there is also ME. I motivate myself because I have an innate desire to get better at what I already know, and learn and try new things. That desire is probably fueled by a fear of the status quo, fear of getting bored. 

I don't recall if I reached a conclusion at the end of my shower though. I had to rush to get out the door with the girls to go to work and school. By then I was motivated by the fear of being late!

No comments:

Post a Comment