Thursday, November 27, 2014

Birthday afternoon

On Tuesday, by the time the Thanksgiving feast was over, it was already time for lunch. I had planned to go somewhere special for lunch - just the two of us - but Bella had other plans. She decided that she wanted to go back home and simply eat eggs. I thought that was kind of boring, but she was the birthday girl.

After lunch she decided she wanted to go to Yagoot, so we did. We then went to the car wash real quick, and by then she was really exhausted and fell asleep in the car. So I drove around to let her sleep some, just like in the old times. I was tired too, and wished somebody was driving ME around.

We eventually went to pick up her second birthday cake, the one for our traditional family cake cutting, picked up Sofia, and came back home. Since Abuelita and Tios were still out of town, this time around it was only Abuelito and the 4 of us. But we held the fort, and I strategically decided to cut the back of the cake so that when Abuelita and Tios came back, we could still take a picture with it and pretend that they didn't miss the birthday. Pretty ingenious, if I may say so myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment