Sunday, October 30, 2016

London - Day 4 - Windsor Castle

Oct 16,

This morning, my friend Timeri and I got up early to leave by 7:30 and make it to our Day trip. Since we got out of the house so early, the streets were very quiet still. It took us a while to get to the departure place, but we had no problems getting there. Our first stop was Windsor Castle, which was about 30 minutes away, so the drive was not too bad. The challenging part was that when we got there it was raining quite hard. We had to wait in line outside for what felt like an eternity, although it was probably only about 15-20 minutes. I was glad I had my umbrella with me, but it made me wish I had one of those huge ones. Once inside we still had to wait for like 30 minutes to get in, at which point my friend and I - and probably everybody else in our group - were really losing our patience. But alas we made it in, and to our surprise the weather cleared up! We only had about an hour there, because we had to go to the other two places in our day trip, but it was enough for us to tour the "state departments", and see an exhibit of the Queen's dresses throughout the years. And as a fun fact for the future, it turns out that Queen Elizabeth was in Windsor that day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment