Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Vacation - Day 10 - Mami-Bella Day

Dec 30,

Today was mami-Bella day and she chose to continue painting her room. When we first moved in I painted a tree and some flowers in her bathroom, but didn't have time for more than that. She wanted me to paint the family playing soccer, which I had no idea how to do. But that is what she wanted, so I was going to give it a try.

Since it was mami-Bella day we were going to take Sofia to Abuelito's house, but Bella decided that she wanted Sofia to stay and help paint. At least that is what she said. But I think the real reason is that she missed Sofia a lot the previous day, and she simply wanted her around.

When I woke up I went online, and started looking for drawings of kids playing soccer until I found some that I thought I could recreate. I finally found some, and told the girls they needed to be patient because I needed to draw them first, before we could paint them. Drawing them ended up taking me about 90 minutes, but the girls were playing in the meantime. Since I was drawing them by hand, no measures involved, I was very happy with how they turned out because they look the same size.

Once the drawings were finally done the girls came and we started to paint. They each painted their drawing, and I painted Lionel's and mine. I helped them with the edges, and some of the smaller details, but they did the rest. And at the end Sofia painted the grass. 

I started drawing on the wall at 10:00am, and we finished painting right around 5:30, so it was an all day affair. But we were super happy with how it turned out. We were very proud of ourselves.









No comments:

Post a Comment