Saturday, June 1, 2024

20th Half Marathon

May 5,

Today I ran the Flying Pig Half, my 20th and last half marathon. The weather was warm and sunny, making it an ever harder course than it always is. At some point they triggered the alerts asking runners to slow down their pace because of the heat. It was tough and I was tired, so I stopped and walked whenever I needed it. I also took pictures throughout the course and sent them to Lionel and my friend Jessica who was cheering me virtually.

I didn't have a time goal, but was hoping this would not be my worst time ever. That goal went out of the window with the warm weather, my pace was all over the place, and it ended up indeed being my worst time ever. But I was happy to cross the finish line, and to cross it running. And the warm weather felt nice as we were walking to a restaurant and then back to the car.

After the race, in the late afternoon, I went to see my parents and we celebrated with a Flying Pig-themed cake they had bought for me. 

Today was also a full circle moment as I realized that my very first Flying Pig Half Marathon was exactly on May 5 but 11 years ago. It has been a pretty good run.
























No comments:

Post a Comment