Saturday, May 12, 2012

Expectations

The girls and I love watermelon, so for weeks I have been waiting for stores to sell whole watermelons Vs the pre-cut ones that for several reasons I don't like to buy. Yesterday they finally had them, so the girls and I got one at the fruit store after I picked them up from school. When we got home Lionel dropped it to the ground messing it all up, which made me extremely upset. I may not have been so mad at him if it wasn't because the day before was Mother's day in Mexico, which he knew but neglected to acknowledge.  Gabi got an antique watch and two cards from Raj, and I didn't even get a hug.

On Thursday night I told him I wasn't happy with him so yesterday - right before dropping my watermelon - he showed up with some flowers he picked up from Kroger on his way home. That still didn't make me happy, because to me it felt like he just wanted to get it out of the way. So I think I was in a bad mood the rest of the day. Lionel is a good guy, but when it comes to doing something special for me he has a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment