Sunday, June 2, 2013

Tennis!

After our Redlegs 10K, and after each one of us took a short nap, we went to play tennis in support of the Special Olympics. I was looking forward to playing at the Lindner center, where the tennis tournament takes place every year, and taking a tour of the player's lounge, fitness center, locker rooms, etc. The weather earlier in the day didn't look promising, so I was afraid that the event would get cancelled, but luckily the weather got better. Lionel was tired after running in the morning, but for the most part managed to hang in there. Even though we lost our matches - due to my inexperience and Lionel's lack of practice - I was glad we got to go to the event this year, and hopefully we can do it again. It never ceases to amaze me how many events take place in Cincinnati that we don't even know about, and that we could have been doing all along. After living in here for almost 15 years, clearly there are many things that I have yet to discover.




No comments:

Post a Comment