Sunday, May 1, 2016

Flying Pig 2016

May 1,

After months and months of training, today I completed my 3rd Flying Pig Half Marathon. It was also my 4th straight year participating in the Pig, for which I felt very grateful.

The forecast called for some serious rain, so we were all mentally prepared to get out there and make the best of it. But the rain held! Unfortunately with all the rain we've had it was also very muggy, which kept things quite interesting. I was exhausted, and more than once during the race was worried that I might cramp, but I ended up getting a new Personal Record (if barely) by shaving 2 seconds (yes, seconds!) from my average pace.

Lionel and the girls came to see me at mile 8 and at the very end. The best way to end the race!








No comments:

Post a Comment