Thursday, June 6, 2019

Europe - Day 13 - Good bye Bruges

Jun 6,

Today we left Bruges to drive to Gouda. But before we did I squeezed in a run - my first of the trip - and we had brunch. There was a pretty running and biking path by the house, so I wanted to take advantage of it.

I was only going to run 3 miles, but the 2 bridges near the house were lifted, to let by a boat that of course was getting stuck, so I could not cross back. And I had no idea how long it was going to take them to get it through. So I had to run to the next bridge, which added about 1.5 miles.  On our way to Gouda we also got stuck in traffic a couple of times, one of those because they also have bridges on the highway. But we finally made it to Gouda at about 3:30 pm. Today is not supposed to rain, so after resting for a little bit we are going to head out for a walk.






No comments:

Post a Comment