Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Summer Vacation - Day 6 - Monument Valley

Jul 28,

This morning we got up early to pack and leave Sedona to drive to Durango. We packed, left by around 8:15, stopped by the Pump House one last time for breakfast, and got on the road. Lionel drove and Bella once again napped for a while. 

During the drive we took a detour to go to Monument Valley, which was totally worth it. I didn’t even know this place existed before, but it was beautiful. Really out of this world. To support the local economy we bought a few knickknacks and I looked at the jewelry. I found some pretty earrings but at $300 and change it was definitely more than I wanted to spend.

During the drive we had some really nice views for a while. We also stopped by Forest Gump Point, where a running scene was filmed. And we drove by a famous rock formation called Mexican Hat. Don’t ask me why. I don’t see it.

Today’s drive took us through Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. Lionel drove the entire time while I worked on catching up on the blog.












No comments:

Post a Comment