Saturday, July 9, 2011

Candy Cane Inn

During our trip to California Lulu, Mara, Sofia and I stayed at a place called Candy Cane Inn. I had never heard of it, but I came across it as I was checking trip advisor looking for a hotel. It had the second best customer rating based on several hundred reviews. I must admit that the name did not make me want to stay there, so I looked at other places as well and read many, many reviews. The place that had the top rating also looked good but I waited too long and it got sold out, so at the end I made the reservation at the Candy Cane Inn.


I am happy to report that, although not perfect, I also have to give it a pretty good review. On the con side, although it does sleep four, the room feels somewhat crowded with more than 2 adults. And the fact that the building setup is that of a motel felt kind of odd to me because I am used to the standard hotels. On the pro side it was clean and quiet, had beautiful flowers, and when we were inside the property it didn't even feel like we were in a busy boulevard. I also liked the free shuttle service to Disneyland. The driver was nice and courteous, and it was always on time. They also offer continental breakfast from 7 to 9:00am, and even though couple times we went down almost at nine, there was still plenty of food to be had. Having breakfast by the pool had to be the icing on the cake. Another pro is that our room had its own safe, just like bigger hotels. Right next door there is a small mart where you can get basic personal stuff you may have forgotten back home. They also have a baby pool, and a hot tub that is perfect after a full day of walking around. And did I mention that parking is free as well?

As I think about the pros and cons of the Candy Cane Inn, I clearly see that the pros far outweigh the cons. If next year we decide to go back to Anaheim I would definitely like to stay there again. And maybe, if they are nice, this time we'll take Lionel and Bella with us.









No comments:

Post a Comment