Saturday, September 17, 2011

Recognition

This past Wednesday evening I attended a very formal award ceremony from work. I was nominated as part of a team that planned a pretty successful coaching event earlier this year. This was the first time I attended this event, and even though I always dread not being at home for dinner with Lionel and the girls, I was happy to be part of it and be recognized for once.

The event started with a cocktail hour followed by dinner, the ceremony, and finally some more mingling time. Turns out, my team also won. When I got home and told Lionel that we won his first question was "What did you win?".

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that we won!", I said and meant it as well.

What mattered to me was attending the event, having the chance to take the stage and - above all - seeing the pride in my director's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment