Friday, September 2, 2011

Mami-Bella Special Day

Bella's daycare was closed today, so I took the day off and we spent it together while Sofia was at school.

Much to my dismay the day started by flat out lying to Sofia and making her believe that Bella was going to school, just like her. She is still very sad every morning when I drop her off at school, so I figured that knowing Bella and I were spending the day together would make her even more anxious and sad. Furthermore, I did not want her to spend the entire day thinking about us, and wondering what we were doing at the time.

After we dropped Sofia off we went to Tios' house, but turns out they were both at the doctor's at the time. We then headed to the Gap outlet in Kentucky; I hadn't been there in a while. Against all odds Bella actually let me shop, and she even found ways to entertain herself. Among other things we found a French style hat, so I made her put it on, we took a picture, and I sent it to Lionel. Since it was only two dollars we also brought it home.

After shopping we picked Gabi up for lunch. By the time we were done Bella was so tired that she fell asleep in the car even without it moving. So I drove around for about an hour just to let her rest.

Once she woke up I took her to the cheap movie theater, since they had a Winnie the Pooh movie that was only 60 minutes long. This was her very first time ever at the movie theater, but she did really well. She did not want to sit by herself, so she watched the movie on my lap which was kind of nice. Even though I found the movie quite boring, it was nice to have Bella so close to me.

By the time the movie was over it was time to pick up Sofia, so we headed straight there. She was happy to see us, and even though I told her Bella's school was closed after all, by then she didn't seem to mind that much.

We then ended the day with a visit to abuelito's house where the girls played around, had dinner, and terrorized Tia and my poor parents with all their noise and their messy ways. Lionel and I snuck out to have dinner by ourselves, but came right back for them. A quick ride back home and it was time to go to bed.

As every day off it didn't seem to last that long, but I had fun nonetheless. It was a really good day.

The French side of Bella

Exhausted!

First movie ever at the theater: Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment