Saturday, October 13, 2012

IDS College Week

This week I spent three nights at a hotel in downtown Cincinnati for a training event.  I was part of the planning team and we had been planning for a while, so we were ready for it to begin. Even so, I was a bit nervous because our most experienced facilitators would not be there. Two of them moved to another country for work, and one of them got sick and lost her voice the day before. Also, this was the first year I was taking a leadership role.

Even though I was nervous, something funny happened once the event began. All my nervousness was replaced by a sense of "I got this", and I knew that no matter what, things would turn out ok. We had some stressful moments, like when one of our speakers was sent to us at the wrong time, but overall everything turned out ok. Our participants learned a lot, we worked great as a team, and I was happy to contribute to help others jump start their career at Procter the way 7 years ago somebody helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment