Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve we went to Woodland Mound, one of the local parks, for a family-friendly event from 4-7 pm. The weather was very cold, so we bundled up really well, but turned out the event was inside which was a good surprise. They had a magician, a balloon artist, and several kid activities and crafts. We got there right at sunset, so I was able to take couple great pictures, including one of the girls with the sunset in the background.

The kids had fun running around, checking everything out, and I enjoyed the Jazz band they brought in for the last 30 minutes. The music made me feel like I was in New Orleans. The event then closed with the "ball drop", which was really cute as it was literally a styrofoam ball covered with silver glitter, which a lucky kid literally got to drop from a balcony on the second floor.

After the event we stopped by my parent's house to say a quick hello, and for Gabi and Raj to pick up Adrian. We then had dinner at an Indian restaurant, which luckily wasn't a happening place since we didn't make a reservation anywhere, and headed back home to welcome the New Year in the warmth, comfort, and safety of our own house. Because what matters to me nowadays is not dressing fancy, or going to a popular place. It is all about welcoming the year surrounded by the people I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment