Sunday, July 15, 2018

Charleston Ladies Trip - Day 3

Jul 15,

This morning we found a place to watch the World Cup final and support France. I rarely watch a game from beginning to end, but I knew this one was important to Lionel - and Bella - so I did. And I was happy to see that after 20 long years, France won again.

After the game we came back to the hotel briefly, and decided to drive to Savannah for a quick tour. Two of my friends were not feeling their best to walk around, so we basically did a driving tour and only got out of the car a couple of times to take pictures. We drove by the Bonaventure Cemetery, by Chippewa Square (where one of the scenes from Forrest Gump was filmed), and around downtown. I offered to drive on the way back, but instead ended up taking a nap (an unplanned one) in the back of the car.

For dinner we made a reservation at an Italian restaurant nearby, which was a pretty nice meal. I had octopus as an appetizer and fish (one of the specials of the day) for my main entree. Lionel would have totally approved.





No comments:

Post a Comment