Monday, June 28, 2021

Mexico - Day 4 - El Centro

 Jun 28,

Today we stayed downtown. We walked around checking out the churches including San Agustin, the church where Lionel and I got married almost 20 years ago - it will be 20 years on Aug 18. There are a lot of churches downtown. We went inside San Agustin, but you couldn't really sit down. It was cordoned off likely because of the pandemic. We also did a little bit of shopping for knick knacks, and came back to the hotel because Lionel, Raj, and the kids wanted to watch soccer. France was playing. That took a while. In the meantime, Sofia and I were chilling in our room. After that we went back out. It was raining, but we grabbed our ponchos and umbrella and headed out. We had dinner at a really good restaurant - a different type of Mexican cuisine - and then walked back. On our way back we also stopped by several shops, and took a few extra pictures. The city is also so beautiful at night. It reminds me of why I always loved it so much and why - if I had stayed in Mexico - I would have definitely stayed right here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment