Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Vail - Day 5 - Glass half full

 Dec 22,

Today was our last day of skiing, and our last full day in Vail as tomorrow we travel back home. By 12:30 pm we met Monique for lunch and after that Philippe and Bella quit for the day, but Sofia, Lionel, and I kept going until 3:30. It feels like the girls trade places every other year in terms of confidence skiing, and the desire to be out there all day. This time it was Sofia's turn. I feel like I am usually about the same. 

The best thing about skiing is definitely the views. The worst is having to push yourself when you are slightly uphill, followed by having to carry your skis. 

This time around we didn't get to go all over, because they didn't have enough snow or people to operate all the lifts, but we are still quite lucky to be out here. So no complaints from me.

After we came back from the mountain Bella and I went for a walk while Lionel and Sofia stayed at the hotel. After that it was time to rest and eat once again. When we are on vacation it invariably feels like all we do is eat, which is why I like to walk around and keep moving when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment