Saturday, February 14, 2015

Vail - Day 2

Thursday was our first day of skiing, and luckily the morning went down without any issues. We all got up early to go eat the girl's favorite breakfast, while the town appeared to just be waking up. Afterward the girls went to ski school with a smile on their faces while I went skiing with Lionel and his dad ... with a bit of fear in my heart. The first day of skiing is always difficult, and I am pretty sure that I was sweating more from stress than from the exercise. The weather is unseasonably warm this weekend so the snow is not the best, but I managed to hang in there other than the couple times I fell in an icy patch. At least the view was nice.

After skiing we went to the hot tub, which felt heavenly for my tired legs. We then took showers and had dinner at the hotel. While we waited for our food to come we allowed the girls to go play in the arcade that was just outside the restaurant, inside the hotel.

Even though it wasn't all that late by the time we finished dinner, and there was a concert going on in the main plaza, just a few minutes away, everybody was ready to crash again.






No comments:

Post a Comment