Sunday, February 15, 2015

Vail - Day 5 (Mami-Bella time)

Today Bella and I spent the day together. Since we were not skiing, I decided to check out "Adventure Ridge", which had tubing and couple other activities.

We took the gondola up and waited a little bit for them to open up the tubing area, since we were a bit early and we were in the very first group. By "we" I really mean "she", since tubing scares me and therefore I only bought a ticket for her. It is not that tubing is not safe or anything. I just don't like speed. 

As expected, the little dare devil enjoyed tubing a lot and went on it a full seven times. By then it was time to go meet Lionel for lunch, also at the top of the mountain, where I made a reservation earlier in the day. Since we could get there by taking the gondola, and he could get there skiing, it was a good meeting place. By then it was snowing pretty hard, so I was glad I wasn't skiing today. Having the snow hit your face while you are going down hill is just not the funnest thing.

After lunch Bella and I took the gondola back down, stopped by the hotel to rest for a little while and get Sofia's boots, and headed out again to pick her up at ski school. It sounded like she had a good day as well, and according to her teacher they even went to some short black diamonds, with bumps and all. Not a bad way to close our skiing trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment