Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Denver - CU Visit - Day 2 - Just thinking…

Dec 20,

Today, while we drove back from Boulder, I got to thinking that there are good reasons for me to believe that things can always get better and for believing in beating the odds.


By age 4 I had already survived an emergency appendectomy 

By age 13 I had made it past 2 more surgeries 

By age 15 I had survived several bad bike accidents with my sister

By age 16 I got a life-changing scholarship 

By age 21 I got another scholarship that allowed my broke student self to study my masters degree in another country

By age 22 I had survived a car accident that totaled my car

By age 32 I had survived another emergency surgery after Bella was born

And after all that, at age 46 I am still around! … and while shit definitely happens, the good outweighs the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment