Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Class

Lately I've been wondering: What would it be like to be able to go wherever you want to, whenever you feel like it, without having to worry about the cost, or whether or not you'll be allowed to take time away from work? What would it be like to be a seriously wealthy unemployed person? Or, at the very least, one of those who only have to work a few months out of the year, yet make more than a lot of people will make in their lifetime?

Clearly the fact that I've been wondering about it means I am not one of them. But I am not trying to complain. I come from humble beginnings, so one could say I've come a long way.  I now live a comfortable, middle class suburban life, so I believe none of my family's needs go unmet. We have disposable income, and go on a one week vacation once a year. Yet, I think it would be great to have more free time, and be able to escape the routine, and the weather at hand. Too cold outside? Let's go to Hawaii. Too hot out there? Let's go skiing somewhere. No flights available? Who cares? Let's get a private jet.

Yes, being able to do whatever you want would certainly be fun. I am sure there are downsides to that as well, but I guess I'll never know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment