Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sofia turns 6!

Today is Sofia's birthday, and even though she already had her party with her friends, we still celebrated all over again. It is a tradition! I always insist on celebrating - and eating cake - on the exact birthday date.

Since it was her special day I went to her school for a little while, and brought cup cakes and fruit. I had also chosen a few pictures of her at different ages so she could show them to her friends. And I got to see how they celebrate the birthdays at her school, which is really sweet. They take the opportunity to teach them about the months, days, and seasons that have occurred since they were born, and as parents we get the opportunity to read aloud something our kids learned, or a particular milestone, of each year of their lives so far.

Her friends sang happy birthday for her in both English and Spanish, and I took a few pictures and made a video of it with my phone. I stayed with her at the school's cafeteria while she ate, before heading back home. I then picked her up at 4, just like I  promised, and even Abuelita came along. We then went to get her cake and pick up Bella, before again going home.

Abuelito, tio and tia, and other close friends came to have dinner with us and cut the cake, to celebrate this very special day. I took several pictures and a short video with my camera, which is particularly great considering that I just noticed Bella managed to delete the video and pictures I took earlier today at Sofia's school. Having lost those memories makes me sad, but as the Fresh Beat Band would say: It was a great day!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful little girl! Feliz Cumple Princesa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment