Monday, January 7, 2013

First day back

Earlier today I was sitting at my desk physically there, but mentally not quite. I was distracted, struggling to focus, and thinking about the fact that being back at work shouldn't be all that bad. So I started listing in my head the things I like about work (big and small) other than the obvious part about getting paid. Good news is, I was definitely able to quickly come up with some:

  • Having a reason to get up every day and dress nicely - something I likely wouldn't do if I stayed home
  • Listening to the radio on my way to work - the only time I really do
  • The intellectual challenge
  • Being more than somebody's mom or wife
  • Seeing my work friends and having another social outlet
  • The pride of having a good job

No comments:

Post a Comment