Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ice Skating

This morning we went downtown to the ice skating rink - one of the things I wanted to do during vacation - only to find out that it was closed until 2:00 pm. I was very disappointed because the girls really wanted to go and when I checked the website it said they opened at 10:00 am. So we went back home, and went about our day. But I wasn't about to give up that easily. After we ran all our errands I took the girls and Emma back there and I was glad I did!  Everybody did great, even me. Even though my intention was to just walk around helping Bella, I was told nobody was allowed to walk on the ice. So I had to get skates for myself as well. "Oh boy, this is NOT going to be good", I thought, but I didn't fall even once.

Sofia and Emma did well right away, but Bella wasn't confident and started falling all over the place. However, it didn't get her long to get confident and by the end I didn't even have to help her get up. She insisted on doing it all by herself. She also asked me to take pictures of her to ensure daddy saw how well she did.








No comments:

Post a Comment