Saturday, September 14, 2013

Excellence Awards

Earlier this week we had a work event to celebrate the most relevant projects my organization worked on all year. One of my projects was nominated, which is why I got to attend, as did my other work friends. I didn't expect to win - quite frankly I was just happy to be there - but we did. I probably should be more excited about it, but this was certainly not the most difficult project I have ever worked on. So it feels weird that this one won and the other ones never did. Regardless, my VP was super excited about it, so that is good for me and my team. The event was also a good opportunity to wear a fancy dress that I got last minute because I procrastinated to get it as much as I could. I was just afraid that I would have to pay a lot, and get something that was just Ok. But I got lucky, and got a beautiful, comfortable dress for an awesome price. So, from a super frivolous perspective, it is a good thing that we won because I got to walk to the stage and everybody got to see my lovely dress.





No comments:

Post a Comment