Saturday, September 21, 2013

MB in Indy, and our quick sister's trip

Last Sunday Gabi and I made the drive to Indianapolis to see Michael Buble in concert once again. I love going to see him whenever I get a chance, and I was also excited to spend time with Gabi (sans the kids) and take the next day off so we didn't have to rush back home.

The drive to Indy went by quickly, but once we got there we got stuck in traffic for about 40 minutes because the Colts football game had just ended, and all the fans were trying to get back to their cars and get out of there. While we were stuck there we joked about rolling down our window and screaming "who dey" to the fans walking by, but we knew that wouldn't end up so well. Eventually we made it to our hotel, but by then it was a bit late and we only had about 20 minutes to check in, change our clothes, and head out to the restaurant where we had dinner reservations. So it was kind of rushed, but we managed to make it to the restaurant pretty much on time. After dinner we walked the 5 or 6 streets to the Arena, only to realize that I didn't have with me the credit card I used to buy the tickets online. Since I had fan club tickets, the only way to get in was by swiping my credit card, so I had a moment of panic and anger at myself for making such a mistake. Luckily that night the ticket windows were open, and with my ID - and my look of "help me please" - they printed the tickets for me and let us in.

Once in we quickly settled into our floor seats, which were also right smack in the middle and were the first row in that section, which means nobody was sitting in front of us. That gave me plenty of mobility during the concert for taking pictures and for walking to the back stage when it was time for Michael to sing there. So what can I say? As usual it was a great show from beginning to end.

After the show we stopped by the sports bar that was like 20 meters from the hotel because Gabi offered to buy me a drink. We didn't stay long though. We were tired and looking forward to going to bed.

The next day we walked around the Canal for a little while, took some pictures, and ate at a local Mexican-Asian fusion restaurant before we headed back home.









No comments:

Post a Comment