Saturday, May 27, 2017

Marco Island - Day 1

May 27,

Today was our first day on vacation, which meant it was our travel day. We left the house at 7:15 am to go meet tios and catch our flight. It was a direct flight, and only a couple of hours long, which wasn't bad. As soon as we landed we went to get the rental cars, and drove to Naples for lunch before we made it all the way to the rental house. The place tio picked for lunch was outdoor and pretty nice. It was in a little courtyard, and there was a fountain in the middle surrounded by flowers - exactly the type I like. I could have sat there for hours, just looking around.

After lunch we drove to the house, unpacked, and went to the grocery store to buy breakfast and lunch food for the week. Actually Raj, Lionel and I went to the store, while Gabi stayed with the kids playing in the pool. They were there for a while, even after we came back. I didn't feel like putting my bathing suit on, so I just sat around. At some point I even fell asleep sitting there, while everybody got out of the pool and went to take showers. I don't think I was asleep for long, but it was a good nap.

For dinner we went to an Indian restaurant, and Bella fell asleep on our way there. Not surprising, considering that we traveled today and they spent a lot of time by the pool. Dinner was uneventful, but unfortunately Sofia was not feeling well when we got home. Her stomach was bugging her, and she ended up throwing up a few times - poor thing - before she finally felt good enough to just go to bed. I hope she will feel better tomorrow. She was very disappointed just thinking that she could be missing out a day at the beach. And I would also hate for her to spend her vacation not feeling well. 








No comments:

Post a Comment