Monday, March 12, 2018

My career timeline

2014
Me: I am so excited that they are finally looking for an international assignment for me.
Life: Actually that fell through and it will likely never happen. Your next assignment is right here. 
Me: That is deeply disappointing but at least I can continue to work hard and get promoted in the next few years.

2017
Life: Actually you are not likely to ever get promoted. The criteria keeps changing, and the opportunities continue to get reduced.
Me: That is deeply disappointing but I know what I want and if I cannot get it here I can go somewhere else, get a new experience, and land in a sunnier destination as well.

2018
Life: Actually, about that ... you can’t leave town either. It is just easier and better for everyone if you stay right where you are.
Me: That is deeply disappointing but at least ... thinking, thinking, thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment