Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A day in the life of...

Nowadays, for me, a typical work day usually goes like this:

6:00-6:30 Wake up. Or, if I am working out that day, come back from working out.
6:30-7:15 Make the bed, get myself dressed, do my hair, put some makeup on, etc.
7: 15-7:45 Get the girls up, help them choose their outfit, get them dressed, do their hair.
7:45-8:30  Give the girls their breakfast, make Sofia's lunch, prepare Bella's snacks, and have my own breakfast standing, while I do everything else. Also check email in blackberry as needed. Feed Rusty.
8:30-9:10 Load the girls in the car along with all their stuff. Take Bella to daycare, and drive back to Sofia's school to drop her off.
9:10-9:30 Commute to the office, and start conference calls if applicable.
9:30-5:30 or 6:00  Work/Office.
5:30-6:00 Commute back home. Maybe pick up girls right before school closes.
6: 00-6:30 Unpack girl's school stuff, change into non-work clothes, have the girls put shoes away and wash hands, etc.
6:30 - 7:00 Help make dinner, unload dishwasher, setup dinner table, etc.
7:00-7:45 Dinner and post dinner cleanup.
7:45 - 8:00 Shower time for the girls.
8:00-8:30 Girls bed time routine.
8:30 - 9:30 Put away the girl's toys and organize stuff for the next day.
9:30 - 10:00 Shower - if did not already shower earlier in the day.
10:00 Sit down on the couch with the computer on my lap.
11:30 to midnight Bed time.

By the time I sit down at night there are so many things I need to or want to look at that I have a difficult time figuring out where to start. Or maybe it is not that I can't make up my mind, but that I am too tired to even think about it. So more often than not I end up wasting my time on Facebook, Twitter, and checking my work email. At least the first two count as the entertainment of the day before I go to bed and the routine starts all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment