Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mentirijillas

Today Sofia found a book with stickers of fairies that somebody gave her for her birthday a while back. Later in the day, when we were in the car, she asked: "Mommy, are fairies real?"

"No, they are pretend. They are just make-believe", I said.

"But ... then ... does that mean that the tooth fairy is not real?", she replied, with a tone of real disappointment in her voice.

Crap. I thought. She has been patiently waiting for her first tooth to fall so she can leave it for the tooth fairy underneath her pillow, so I needed to make a comeback.

"Well ... ", I said without turning back to she wouldn't see the lie on my eyes.

"When I was a kid the tooth fairy would definitely leave stuff for me, so I think that one is an exception. That one MUST be real", I concluded.

"Yeah", she replied. "You are definitely right!"

No comments:

Post a Comment