Thursday, June 2, 2011

Abuelita

Today I learned that my maternal grandmother is not doing well, that she has been at the hospital for at least a week, and that all of my mom's brothers and sisters - those who are still alive - are by her side. It makes me sad to hear that, especially for my mom. I don't think they ever had a very close relationship, but she is her mom after all.

Growing up my sister and I didn't really have the opportunity to get to know her more than a handful of times or develop a relationship with her, but she is still our family so we hope that in one way or another we can help. In couple days my mom is heading down to Mexico as well. I'm sorry I won't be there to wish her a good trip, but I'm thinking about her and praying for my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment