Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Meal

On our way back home from Hilton Head we stopped at a McDonalds for lunch. We had tried to stop by a mall instead, but the one close by turned out to be a crappy one.

As soon as we entered, the first stop was at the restroom with both girls while Lionel waited outside. When it was time to order our meal Sofia asked for "one of those boxes that has a toy inside". We ordered two happy meals for the girls, and luckily they got the same toy inside. I say luckily because otherwise that could have ended up in a debate. After they finished their meal they headed to the indoor playground as Lionel, who by then was checking his phone, pointed out they had free wifi.  I pulled my iPad out of my purse, hoping to check couple things real quick while the girls ran around. I hadn't even connected to the wifi when Sofia came running my way telling me she needed to go to the bathroom and asking me to go with her. So I put my iPad down and went. When we came back I took my iPad out of my purse again. I connected to the wifi, and opened the Facebook app. At that moment though, Bella came running telling me she needed to go to the bathroom again. Lionel and I shared a "you got to be kidding" look, I put my iPad down once again, and headed to the bathroom for yes, the THIRD time. When we came back from the bathroom Lionel started cleaning the table.

"Should I throw away the toys?", he asked.

"No, they'll throw a fit if you do", I said.

I was then finally able to have a minute to myself while the girls ran around. We gave them the typical 5, 2, and 1-minute warnings so they knew when it was time to head out.

As we were collecting our stuff to leave and Sofia came back to the table she asked: "Where is my toy?"

"I threw it away. I thought that's what you told me to do", said Lionel looking at me.

"No! I told you NOT to throw them away or they would have a fit", I said again.

By then Sofia was crying because she didn't have her toy, and Bella was whining because she did not want to leave. I was complaining to Lionel that he never listens, and he kept insisting he could swear I told him to get rid of them.

Luckily by the time we were back in the car, seat belts on and ready to go, we had all moved on. Unluckily, later in the afternoon the girls did find something else to whine and fight about. ... Although that also eventually passed. And we eventually made another quick McDonalds stop, although this time it was only for a potty break. While there, we even took a picture of the toy that Lionel threw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment