Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Projects 2014

Each Christmas break I choose a project to do around the house, because when are we supposed to have time to work on stuff like that otherwise? This Christmas break I decided to paint our dining room, which I hadn't painted since we first moved in 10 years ago. I also decided to put some wood paneling behind a bench we have in the living room, so it looked more like an actual bench. The girls of course wanted to help, so while I finished putting all the blue tape I let them draw on the wall, and just covered it once I was ready to paint. Sofia also wanted to help with the bench, so I let her put the final coat of paint - kind of crossing my fingers so she didn't make a mess.

For the walls I chose a light gray, but as it turns out the color actually changes between gray, blue, and even purple throughout the day, depending on the light outside. I also removed Zoey's crate, which had been sitting in the dining room ever since we got it almost 3 years ago. That was one of my gifts to the family, that for once they wouldn't have to look at it during our Christmas Eve dinner.

I really like how the room turned out, even though it is still missing some finishing touches that I ordered online. I am anxiously waiting for them to arrive.




No comments:

Post a Comment