Sunday, December 28, 2014

Holiday Junction at Museum Center

Saturday turned out to be a rainy day. So even though I had wanted to go ice skating with the family, we had to change our plans. Instead we went to Holiday Junction at the Museum Center, which is a train display. But before you got to the trains you had to walk by one of the regular exhibits, which is all about Cincinnati throughout time. I had been to that side of the museum center, but it had been a while. And even though I thought I had been through the entire exhibit, it turns out I had not. So we all enjoyed checking it out.

The Holiday train display had a "Lionel Trains" section, which Lionel particularly enjoyed. And Bella got to ride in a little train, but Sofia was too tall for it anymore.  We then headed to the Children's Museum, where the girls ran around for a little while before the museum closed at 6.

After the museum we had dinner at Palominos. I had made a reservation there thinking we would go ice skating, since the restaurant is right next to Fountain Square. And besides, since we always end up going to the same places, I thought it would be good to go somewhere else for a change. I also thought the girls would enjoy the view, since from the restaurant you could see the giant Christmas tree.

I had started the day in a bad mood, but hanging out with Lionel and the girls really lifted my spirits.



No comments:

Post a Comment