Sunday, February 4, 2024

MIT Course

Feb 2,

This week I was at an MIT course Tuesday to Thursday. There was a lot to read, and it was a lot of work, so I was completely physically and mentally exhausted by the end of the week. But it was also a great learning opportunity, a chance to meet some new people, and a push to see a bit of Cambridge. The class had about 60 people, and about half were P&Gers from all over the world. So I was lucky I did not have to travel far.

On Thursday morning I had to take a phone call before the class started, and I was going to sit outside of the classroom to listen to it. But once I parked I decided to take a walk by the river while I listed to the call on my phone. It was cold, but it felt good to be moving.

From the people I met this week, 3 ladies from Colombia and Panama were my favorites. We connected at a very cultural level that may seem silly to someone who doesn't understand it. We talked like we had known each other for a long time, we waited for each other to have lunch, and we walked out together as well. One of them even asked me to be her mentor, to which of course I said yes.



No comments:

Post a Comment