Monday, July 22, 2024

Europe Vacation - Day 3 - Las Sorpresas

Jul 22,

Bella’s big surprise was that, since her bestie's family was also in Europe for vacation, Lionel and her mom arranged for our families to meet and spend 2 days together. We met at lunch time at a restaurant, and both were super surprised and excited.

After lunch we walked around Como for a bit. The weather app said it was 89, but it definitely felt way hotter than that. The sun was beating down on us, and it felt super steamy. I also did not have the right shoes for a walk, as I thought we were having lunch and getting back in the car, but I hung in there. Since it was so hot, I definitely made sure I put sunscreen on (which I offered the others as well) and bought myself a cheap version of the fedora hat I used to have and somehow got lost along the way. 

After Como we walked back to the car and drove the rental house, which is in a place called Laveno-Mombello at another lake, the Lago Maggiore. Here there was another surprise for all of us as the place is even more beautiful than it looked in the pictures. The house is very nice and the view is unreal. There is a huge balcony, and views of the lake everywhere: Whether you are in bed, or literally in the bathroom. 

After getting settled, and taking quick showers, we went out for dinner at a restaurant that of course had a great view of the lake as well. I very much appreciated the setting, especially as being by water is my happy place. We all took a lot of pictures, but it is impossible to fully capture the beauty of a place like this. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment