Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Room with a view

Today I had a meeting in a conference room that faced my company's day care center. For once I was the first one there, so I was able to spend a few minutes looking out, watching the little ones have fun, and wondering what my own little ones were doing at that very same time. Some were running around in the fake grass, which was the only green patch I could see among all the gray buildings downtown. Others were driving their tricycles, with their little helmets on, and chasing each other down. And another group looked like they had just started walking, since they were stumbling and trying to keep their balance with their arms out wide.

They were too far to see their faces, but from where I was standing they looked like such a happy bunch. How I wished I was relaxing and enjoying the beautiful day outside, just like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment