Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Europe - Day 10 - Quick walk around Lisbon

Aug 1,

When we arrived in Lisbon we went to the rental apartment, got settled, and stayed there for a while. Even though the drive was not long, it seemed like the girls needed some rest. Lionel was looking at the maps trying to figure out where to go eat, and I was unpacking my stuff since here we have room to do so. 

We eventually made it out of the apartment and took a walk to see Rossio Square and Placa do Comercio on our way to dinner. And I have to say that this part of town reminds me big time of Puebla Mexico), where my friend Lulu leaves.

For dinner we sat at one of the restaurants at Placa do Comercio called "Museu da Cerveja". It was recommended by the lady we are renting from and I liked that it had outdoor tables, overlooking the plaza, with pretty lights on the umbrellas. There was also a musician singing songs that sounded very Brazilian to me, so I really enjoyed it. 

After dinner we walked back to the apartment, stopping by a couple of stores that the girls wanted to check out and to get some ice cream. But we also walked by 2 dogs who were waiting for their owner, and it so happened that the owner came back right when we were walking by. I knew that would be bad news for us. 

When we got back to the apartment Sofia entered her daily "sad stage", because she is tired from the day and misses Zoey. And as I expected she would, she said that seeing those 2 dogs, so happy to see their owner, made her miss Zoey even more and wish that she could cuddle with her. So I went into my daily routine of consoling her, reminding her that Zoey is Ok, and that the important part is that the 4 of us are together.  No work. No school. No chores. Just the 4 of us for two whole weeks.








No comments:

Post a Comment