Sunday, August 27, 2017

Austin - Day 1 - Before the rain

Aug 24,

Today we flew to Austin for our weekend getaway. Of course we planned this trip months ago, because we knew a hurricane would happen nearby, which is kind of bad luck. But we knew we wouldn't be in danger, and the only downside would be rainy weather, so we decided to go ahead with it. Even though it was a short work week I had been working crazy hours, and was kind of sleep deprived, so I completely fell asleep on the flight. I probably didn't move one bit, which is how my left forearm ended up with the designs of the bracelet I was wearing on the right.

When we got to Austin the weather was fine. It wasn't raining just yet. We got the rental car, drove to the hotel, and rested for a few minutes before heading out for dinner. We went to a place called Lenoir, which had a cute outside patio that I am sure serves them well when there is good weather - especially given how tiny it is inside. Tiny or not though, it was a good meal and a good start to our trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment