Saturday, August 5, 2017

TGIF

Aug 4,

Today was a good day. I worked from home, and stared working at 7:30 am while the girls still slept. By the time they finally woke up, which was quite late, I had already finished a couple of calls and made some good progress on all my work to-dos for the day. That helped me be a little less stressed an gave us time to go to First Watch for lunch. After lunch we came right back, and I kept working while the girls entertained themselves. But by 4:15 I stopped working, changed, and we went to get our Friday ice cream - or in today's case, our Friday milkshakes. We then went to piano class where, while the girls were  playing, I made some more progress on my work email. I always feel like a bit of a loser checking email while the girls are in class, at the end of the day on Friday, but I'll do anything during the week so I don't have to work over the weekend.

As soon as class was over we went straight to my sister's house, dropped the girls off, picked my sister up, and went to our girls night out. Lionel was at poker night so Tio took care of all the kids. And it all worked out. Tio took the kids to Deweys for dinner, to Yagoot, and went back home to watch music videos an play video games. In the meantime, Gabi and I had a great time hanging out with our friends talking about the challenges of motherhood, work stuff, bridezilas, and everything in between.





No comments:

Post a Comment