Friday, October 15, 2010

Bad Move

This morning, as usual, I packed the girls in the car to take them to school. Sofia's school is actually closed today, so I was really taking her to day camp. Also as usual we first took Bella to daycare. When we got back in the car after dropping Bella off Sofia got back in her seat and I helped her buckle her seat belt. So far so good. But when I tried closing the car door it bounced right back, as it something spongy was stuck in there. I looked but did not find anything. I then saw Sofia laughing and realized she had put her foot in there as I was trying to close the door - and she obviously thought it was a great joke.

I wanted to yell at her that this was by far the stupidest thing she had ever done. But I was not sure if she knew that word, and I did not want to be the one teaching it to her. I was very happy that nothing happened to her foot, but if I had slammed the door a little harder, or if she had not been wearing tennis shoes she wouldn't have been so lucky. And what if she had the great idea of using her hand instead? I did not even want to imagine how bad she could have hurt herself.

Instead of yelling at her I told her that was not funny, but she still had that smile in her face. I then told her I was not laughing, that I was really mad at her, and that doing that was very dangerous. I also turned the radio off and told her I did not want to talk to her. All in silence we remained. I think she got the point, so hopefully she won't be doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment