Saturday, August 14, 2010

High School

High school reunions are kind of a strange concept to me. We just don't do them in Mexico, or at least not as religiously as people do them in the states. Right now I am at my husbands 20th reunion, and let's say this is not necessarily what I would call a "killer party". I would feel bad writing this if I thought he was having the time of his life, but I think he would also agree that this is, well, kind of lame. It makes me think of a boring wedding. The food reminded me of the food at my work's cafeteria, and the music doesn't make me want to get off my seat. In fact, I feel bad for the few poor souls standing on the dance floor by themselves, trying to shake it at the rhythm of the music but not quite getting there. I also feel bad for the guy who reluctantly sat at our table because he really did not know my husband and his friends all that well back in the day. He came all the way from Texas, but the couple people he really wanted to see are not here. Or so he said. Although I think he finally found somebody to talk to. Good for him.

It is nice to see couple people, but those are the people I would see anyway, high school reunion or not. And to think I said no to a 2 year old birthday party to come to this.

But wait, finally, time's up. Let’s go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment