Monday, August 30, 2010

Now you see it, now you don't

As we were getting in the car to leave for the airport Sofia was by the door, with my mom standing behind her, waving good bye. She was still wearing her pajamas with green and yellow flowers, because she had just woken up. Isabella was in the car with us, since we were going to drop her off at daycare before catching our flight.

As I was closing my door Sofia yelled something I could not hear, and got out of the car again, so I could hear her this time around. "Take lots of pictures", she said. "I will, I promise", I answered. Another sign that our girl is growing up. Probably even a few months before she would have said something like "I am going to miss you mami", or "I wish you didn't have to go". But her request appeared to be giving us permission to go away, to have fun.

So while in Vegas we took a lot of pictures for her. We took pictures of the neat buildings and the multiple gardens inside them, of the many flower exhibits, of the replica of the Eiffel tower, which she actually visited in Paris when she was only two and a half years old, of the multiple statues up and down the Vegas strip. We took many pictures of the things we thought she would enjoy and should be looking at as a five year old. Nowhere in our pictures will she find the slot machines, the people in skimpy or flat out strange outfits, the R rated excesses of this place.

We took so many nature-theme and innocent pictures that we joked she may actually ask to come here. And that if she does come when she is an adult, she might think "Wow. This place sure has changed. When my parents came last none of this was here". Of course, if I have my way, she will just stay far away from this place.







No comments:

Post a Comment