Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Politics

Lately work has not been fun at all. My organization was split into two, with most of the people I have worked with throughout the years going to the other side of the house. And despite the fact that we all worked well together, developed friendships, and trusted and had respect for each other, it appears that all of that has been forgotten. Overnight, just like magic, those good work dynamics have been replaced by suspicion, by constant push backs, and a "not me" attitude. That makes me sad, angry, and disappointed. But above all, it makes me mentally exhausted. I don't like playing those games, and I wish people realized that we spend far more energy pushing back than it would take us to just get the work done to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment