Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A secret...

Every night, when we put Sofia to bed, I always stay with her for a few extra minutes. That is our quiet time together, when we can talk about what we did, be silly for a few minutes, and just wind down after a busy work and school day.

This is also the time when I invariable tell her that I need to share a secret with her. And every night this is the time when she tells me that she knows fully well what I am about to say. "You love me a lot. It's not a secret mami, you tell me that all the time", she says. "I just want to make sure you will never forget", I say.

But she is right. I have told them that a million times. I just can't help myself. When I look into hers and her sister's eyes my heart fills with joy. Telling them that I love them is just a natural side effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment