Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 39 - Time is ticking

Our sabbatical trip is only couple weeks away now, and as the day approaches one would think that by now I would be starting to get excited about it. But truth be told, I am mostly getting worried. I am worried that I may not be prepared for it (Am I choosing the right things to pack? Will I manage not to over pack this time around? Will I be hot? Will I be cold? Will I need something that I choose to leave behind? Will my outfits scream something along the lines of "Hey there. I am a tourist. Don't I look dorky in this?"), that I may not have done enough to refresh my French and Italian, etc. I am thinking this worry is related to the fact that never before have I gone on a trip for a full month. So to think that for that entire time I have to leave out of my suitcase is actually a bit scary.

Also - and I know this may sound silly - part of me doesn't want our trip to start because I know once it does it will go by rather quickly, and when we come back home it will be time to go back to the routine. But I am getting ahead of myself. For now, I am not just getting worried. I am also actually preparing for the trip. Slowly but surely, we will all be ready by July 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment