Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 55 - Mission accomplished

Today, right in the nick of time as we make the final preparations for our trip, I finally completed "The great cleanup". I affectionately named it that because it was a huge effort to go room by room decluttering the house - the biggest ever since Lionel and I got married and started accumulating stuff together. I took stuff out and donated it little by little, as I was moving from room to room, but I am sure that if I had seen it all together it would have made my stomach hurt. From this point forward, I hope we can do a better job sticking with Lionel's rule: It's ok if we go shopping, but if we bring one thing in, we should take one thing out. 

I still do not know what my "work home" will be when we come back from vacation, but at least now I know that my "home home" will welcome me back organized and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment