Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 3 - National Running Day

Today is National Running Day, so I decided it would be appropriate - if not even necessary - to start my day with a good solid run. Last night I set my alarm for 7:30am, but I actually woke up on my own at 7:15 thanks to the fact that, for once, I went to bed at a decent time. 

The girls were still completely out when I got up, so I quietly went downstairs and pushed for a 5 mile run. I did some rolling hills and some speed training, and I was already stretching by the time Bella came down, quickly followed by Sofia.

After taking a shower we had a late breakfast, and since it was more like a brunch I decided to make pancakes for the girls. Since it is a very rainy day, we settled for indoor activities like painting, playing house and restaurant (for the girls) and continuing to declutter the house (for me). That was until we had to leave the house for the girls' cleaning dentist appt, where we are right now. If the weather cooperates we will make a stop by the conservatory to see the butterflies. If not, we will just head back home and leave the outdoor activities for another day. Unlike our regular routine, we actually have plenty of days ahead of us to do fun stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment